Our Client is the largest EPCM in Western Canada, they have over 20 projects on going and are looking to grow there team by a further 25% over the next 12 months. The Oil Sands in Northern Alberta are offering excellent long term opportunities for oil and gas professionals interested in relocating to Canada.
1.1.1 Project Technical Responsibilities
• Carry out the duties of a Senior Designer/Checker as assigned by the Squad Leader.
• Provide assistance in controlling and coordinating information as it applies to the Piping task force on a project, including review of project scope.
• Participating in conceptual design studies.
• Participating in the development and preparation of Piping specifications, valve specification and P&IDs.
• Providing technical guidance to other design and drafting staff.
• Ensuring work in his/her area of responsibility follows the Departmental design guides and work instructions.
• Assisting in the preparation of estimates (including manhour estimates), change requests, and trends.
• Site visits to collect information.
• Coordination of information and common activities for assigned areas, including vendor and in-house coordination prints, with other engineering disciplines while keeping the Squad Leader informed.
• Editing of comments on coordination and approval prints in conjunction with project engineers and piping engineers under the direction of the Squad Leader.
• Participation in 3D CADD model reviews.
1.1.2 Planning Responsibilities
• Employee Development including on the job coaching and counseling.
• Participating in the evaluation of drafting staff.
• Providing project orientation to staff through brief overview of plant process.
• Providing advice to the Department Manager regarding training.
• Providing assistance in monitoring and reporting on drawing process, including preparation of Work Package Status Reports.
• Maintaining files for job related documentation.
• Advising on methods and techniques for improving design/drafting quality and productivity of the drafting group.