|Piping Engineering Design MSc||Advanced Piping Design Course|
Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to pipingdesigners.com Job Board!
Go back to the Job List
Lead Mechanical Engineer - United KingdomPosted by: Oil and Gas Jobsearch
Posted date: 2018-May-30
Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our client is looking to hire a Lead Mechanical Engineer (Operations Support) for a short term 3 month contract based in Aberdeen.
Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be immediately available, based in or near Aberdeen, UK and be able to travel offshore.
1) This onshore role will be a key operations support role reporting to the Maintenance Manager and delivering to the Asset Operations Teams.
2) The Lead Mechanical Engineer is a critical role delivering on safety and production aspects to our North Sea asset base. Our client is looking for a proactive, highly skilled individual who can work as part of a cross asset team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently, is delivery focused and can successfully manage multiple interfaces and work streams.
3) You will be experienced in both operations and mechanical design such that you can demonstrate a suitable depth of knowledge for this role.
1) Identify opportunities and deliver enhancements to safety or production
2) Production loss management and root cause analysis.
3) Provide functional supervision and mentoring of mechanical site support engineers
4) Lead Mechanical Engineering input to management of change
5) Troubleshooting & technical resolution of complex plant mechanical issues
6) Ensure application of company procedures and policies
7) Support/deliver engineering improvement plans
8) Deputise for the Mechanical TA
9) Liaison with government bodies when required (HSE/BAIS)
10) Lead/participate in incident investigations
11) Carry out regular offshore visits with a particular focus on mechanical safety systems and audit follow up as well as production efficiency enhancement
12) Formulate and Manage annual budgets and 5 year budget plans
13) Act as a Technical Focal Point for Mechanical Engineering
14) Offshore visits will be required
1) Strong networking and communication skills externally and internally - ability to cultivate and build strong internal and external relationships with business counterparts.
2) Good written and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non technical audiences.
3) Ability to display confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver.
4) Ability to collaborate with and influence key decision makers in an operations environment
1) Pro-active self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum guidance.
2) Creative thinking and problem solving.
3) Has a detailed knowledge of discipline regulatory requirements, technical codes/ standards/ guidelines and use of new technology
4) Experience with Pressure systems integrity and fitness for service
5) Extensive experience with mechanical design of offshore process plant
6) Can manage engineering teams and 3rd parties
1) Significant experience of mechanical engineering in an Exploration & Production, Facilities/Developments Engineering environment.
2) Significant experience of identifying and delivering production enhancements
3) Experience of a client/operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work
4) Extensive knowledge of mechanical design safety though application of inherently safe design and international standards relating to rotating and static equipment, valves, material selection and piping design.
5) Experience of pressure systems integrity management and fitness for service
6) Experience of maintenance management systems, safety/environmental critical elements/activities, performance standards
7) Extensive experience of risk assessments in relation to safety critical deferrals, operational risk assessments and other critical operational activities.
8) Experience & knowledge of maintenance strategies and maintenance techniques for different equipment types
9) Experience in developing operational budgets and cost management, planning and scheduling processes.
10) Experience with vendor management and coordinating vendor activities.
11) Strong safety/environmental awareness - understanding of legislative requirements
12) Demonstrable industry experience working to an advance level of competence
1) Related Mechanical Engineering BSc/BEng degree
2) CEng/Eur Ing
3) MIST and RGIT BOSIET Training
4) Offshore Operations experience