|Piping Engineering Design MSc||Advanced Piping Design Course|
Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to pipingdesigners.com Job Board!
Go back to the Job List
Piping / Mechanical designerPosted by: FL Engineering Firm
Posted date: 2019-Jan-24
Piping / Mechanical Designer;
Plan, elevation / stackups & detail drawings for chemical / industrial manufacturing facilities, 2D and 3D CAD Piping / Mechanical Design, 3D modeling of new and existing conditions, Field measurements, customer communications, Structural design experience a plus, Experience with AutoCAD 3D Plant.
• Perform field verification of piping systems and equipment; and generate as-built drawings of existing facilities. Climbing stairs and ladders required.
• Work with engineers of multi-disciplines to create P&IDs and layouts of equipment, facilities, plot plans and primary piping systems.
• Develop bill of materials with specifications under supervision of mechanical engineer.
• Create isometric sketches and drawings for field repairs and pipeline routings.
• Some direct experience in petrochemical process piping and equipment design.
• Local and some overnight travel.
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail and computer file management.
• Familiar with 3D scanning.
• Strong understanding of process piping systems, process and flows
• Experience with industry standards for petrochemicals plants such as ANSI, ASME, ASTM, API, etc…
• Ability to produce design drawings reviewed with related documents and checklist ready for checking.
• Proficient in basic mathematics, trigonometry and algebra.
• Ability to pass drug and background check.
• Existing Safety certifications a plus.
Job Type: Full Time / Contract