|Piping Engineering Design MSc||Advanced Piping Design Course|
Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to pipingdesigners.com Job Board!
Go back to the Job List
Lead Piping DesignerPosted by: Jitka Varkevisser
Posted date: 2019-Jun-02
Location: Hersham, Surrey, UK
Lead Piping Designer
At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
We are looking for a Lead Piping Designer to join our European team based in Hersham, Surrey. You will report to the piping and layout manager and be responsible for delivering piping design packages.
As the Lead Piping Designer, You Will
• Work on conceptual and detailed piping and layout designs and ensure the designs adhere to respective standards and specifications
• Create regional and cross-regional execution strategies
• Manage resources to meet project requirements and drive to the competitive under-budget performance
• Manage changes
• Comply with and help develop work processes and instructions
• Deliver bid layouts and studies
• Model development in Smart Plant 3D and provide necessary reporting
• Attend sites when required and travel globally to design centres for meetings and reviews
As the Lead Piping Designer, You Will Have
• A minimum of HND/HNC in relevant subject with a vast piping design experience
• The functional knowledge of supporting engineering disciplines and how they interact with Piping and Layout
• Hands on experience of Smart Plant 3D piping software and associated modules
• The know-how to develop basic and detailed plant layouts using MicroStation
• Construction experience in planning for installation and access of equipment
• Experience of leading piping design and development of 3D model and leading model reviews using smart plant review
• Experience of design verification of piping design and knowledge of industry codes and standards
• Modularised design experience and skid design experience is desirable
• Experience of both pipe supporting and piping stress work process
• Experience and knowledge in how to effectively communicate issues and solutions effectively
• Strong communication skills in English
• A great level of flexibility and self-motivation
• A good problem solving skills
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute.
What We Offer
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking APPLY now.