• Anton
  • Anton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 months ago #8969 by Anton

Discounted Cadworx Training from Piping Design Online

Cadworx Training - Members Discount

- If you're the smartest person in the room ... you're in the wrong room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #8970 by Rama GHAHRAMANI
Replied by Rama GHAHRAMANI on topic Cadworx Training - Members Discount
Hi, I would like to have Cadworx training updating myself but before that can I access to software for practicing? I download demo online but could n`t save or could n`t run isogen.Thanks
Rama

• Anton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #8974 by Anton
Replied by Anton on topic Cadworx Training - Members Discount
Intergraph® does not offer a Student Version of CADWorx®

However, they do have Free Demo Versions (CADWorx 2012 and 2015) that you can download free, which will run indefinitely. There are four restrictions in the software that require some planning, but we do have a number of subscribers using this software for training.

Issues:
1. You can't save the work done with the Trial Version. You will have model the lesson problems, and take the quizzes at that time. If you're not taking courses, but just accessing the video training library, this trial version will also work fine to learn new features in the software.

2. The software "times out" after 200 steps. This can cause issues if you don't start new sessions every so often. Again, it should not cause large problems in going through the course.

3. The current demo version does not show Isogen isometric bill of materials information or dimension correctly. In the courses, if you need a quiz answer that asks for this we show a work-around so you can progress through the course.

4. The CADWorx P&ID demo (included in the download) will not work with all parts of the P&ID course. The live database portion of the course may not work correctly.

More
8 years 9 months ago #9010 by piperdude
Replied by piperdude on topic Cadworx Training - Members Discount
Is your company set on CADWORXS exclusively?

• Anton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #9012 by Anton
Replied by Anton on topic Cadworx Training - Members Discount
Hi Piperdude,

At pipingdesigners.com we have no exclusive affiliation with any particular software or software manufacturer.
We do take advertising from software companies, and our policy around that, is that if one company chooses to advertise with us, we will not accept advertising from their competition while their ads are running.

In the case of this particular Cadworx promotion, this is not from Cadworx/Intergraph, but from pipingdesignonline.com who are a training provider.
They have generously offered to deliver training to members of this site for a discounted fee - something we are always happy to present to pipers!

As a piper, it's not really a good idea to be 'exclusive' to one particular software. It's important to gain a good grounding in as many of the widly used products as possible.

I'm very exclusive to my paycheck ... and what ever software that entails, at that time!!

Anton

More
4 years 9 months ago #9375 by Kawika
Replied by Kawika on topic Cadworx Training - Members Discount
Is this still available? Has anyone taken advantage of this training & seen success with finding work? Thanks!

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds