what annoys a piper?

• 6d bend
  • 6d bend's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #7616 by 6d bend
what annoys a piper? was created by 6d bend
This is a very broad question.

What sort of things annoy you, the average piper, in your every day professional life?

I'm sure there are things that get under all our skins, so what can we do to fix it?

Let's open up the can of worms and see can if we help each other out a bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #5260 by Crashtested
Replied by Crashtested on topic Re: what annoys a piper?
Top of my list would have to be Process. I can understand that it looks different once it's on paper vs. being wadded up between their ears but FFS, 1 revamp a day per project is sufficient!

AutoDesk, I curse them daily. Why is it that with every release they have to hide some of the simplest things while complicating others to the nth degree!

AutoDesk, bringing you products that just work - sometimes.

Group Leaders that feel their project is my priority. Right now I am working on 5 different bid packages for our Process Dept. Yet I still have leads asking me for favors on their projects and then staring at me wide-eyed an hour later when I haven't dropped what I was doing to do their seemingly easy edit/addition. Well if it was so easy then why DON'T YOU hop to it?

Reality is a trigger word and we're quickly losing touch...

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #5465 by 11echo
Replied by 11echo on topic Re: what annoys a piper?
I start to boil when I have to deal with people in leadership positions, that make decisions about drawings (either design or drafting issues) and it’s obvious they DON’T know what they are doing, but too arrogant to admit to it, and force their decisions down my throat!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #5467 by shrivallabha
Replied by shrivallabha on topic Re: what annoys a piper?
This is an email I'd received. Its pretty much on target I guess.

Project Manager is a Person who thinks nine women can deliver a baby in One month.
Instrument Engineer is a Person who thinks it will take 18 months to deliver a Baby.
Field Engineer is one who thinks single woman can deliver nine babies in one month.
Client is the one who doesn’t know why he wants a baby.
Marketing Manager is a person who thinks he can deliver a baby even if no man and woman are available.
Resource Optimization Team thinks they don’t need a man or woman; they’ll produce a child with zero resources.
Documentation Team thinks they don’t care whether the child is delivered, they’ll just document 9 months.
Quality Auditor is the person who is never happy with the PROCESS to produce a baby.
Checker is a person who always tells his wife that this is not the Right baby.
HR is a person who thinks that a donkey can deliver a human baby if given 9 months
While all along, a piper yearns for is : A woman

Mostly, we do not get what we need!

More
14 years 6 days ago - 14 years 6 days ago #5768 by SHEBRU
Replied by SHEBRU on topic Re: what annoys a piper?
Squad leaders who make promises which are impossible for designers to keep!

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5830 by AbhijitN
Replied by AbhijitN on topic Re: what annoys a piper?
We need a good Piping Leaders......who can make the project a big success story & I will try my best to become one.....shortly..!

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds