Type of supports on stress relived lines

• Er.piping
  • Er.piping's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #8397 by Er.piping
Type of supports on stress relived lines was created by Er.piping
I have few questions...
1. What type of supports are used for stress relived lines and
2. How a PWHT line is again stress relived at site after two spools are welded together during erection.
3. If a new support is to be added on a stress relived line after PWHT what are the options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7051 by Jop
Answers to your questions:

1. What type of supports are used for stress relived lines?
I am not sure I understand your question. If you mean the typical Pipe Shoe Support then it is much the same as a standard Shoe for a non-stress relieve line except the vertical plate part is made of the same material as the pipe, it is put on in the shop and is post weld heat treated in the shop.

2. How is a PWHT line stress relived at site after two spools are welded together during erection?
There are special "Kits" made (Example: Ex-o-met Kits) which allows the field to perform the PWHT in the field. Go here and read all about "Local Heat Treatment Methods " www.hettzaugg.com/About-Us---Heat-Solutions.html

3. If a new support is to be added on a stress relived line after PWHT what are the options?
- A. Weld on a new Shoe and then do a Field PWHT
- B. Use a Clamp-On Shoe Go here: www.google.com/search?q=Clamp [+On+Pipe+Shoe&client=firefox-a&hs=Jjp&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=pCUBU5kmiojKAYu8gPAJ&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=645

Do it once and Do it Right

More
8 years 5 months ago #9049 by knives
Replied by knives on topic PWHT on welded shoe
A line requires PWHT and instead of welding a shoe directly at fabshop, a pad was provided instead then heat treated. Is it still required to perfom PWHT for the weld made at site if a weld between a pad and shoe was made?

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds