Manual Valve Tags on P&ID's

• Anton
  • Anton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #9181 by Anton
Manual Valve Tags on P&ID's was created by Anton
This is an interesting conversation that came up recently on another group.

Manual Valve Tags on P&ID's

Manual valve tags are sometimes shown on P&ID's for reference in operating procedures.

Do you still see these tags on P&ID's or is this something that is no longer current. I understand that some clients require these tags, but I want to get a feel from the general piping population what is done in the 21st century. Especially with the use of intelligent P&ID's, it may sound easy, but it still take a bit of additional effort.

What is the norm on your recent projects?

- If you're the smartest person in the room ... you're in the wrong room.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #9182 by aj63
Replied by aj63 on topic Manual Valve Tags on P&ID's
I've seen valve tags every project that I have worked on in the last 20years.

The tags make valves easy to locate in the field when using a CAD review model. Operators don't have to perform a line walk to find the valve but can simply check the location in Review or Navisworks and walk directly to it.

Yes it takes time to assign the tags on the P&ID's but the benefits far outweigh the time used.

More
7 years 6 months ago #9185 by knives
Replied by knives on topic Manual Valve Tags on P&ID's
I've been seeing this requirement also from recent Project I worked with. What I remember though was it is only implemented during detail engineering stage (before issue for construction P&ID) as most FEED and basic engineering activities would still involves lot of changes in process design that could probably mess up some sequencing of tags.

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds