Jacketed Piping Construction Quantities

• shams1
  • shams1's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #9277 by shams1
I am working in the development team in Piping division in my company. We are developing new manual/template for preparing the estimated construction quantities (BOQ) or schedule unit rates (SUR) to be attached to the construction tender packages to be provided to our subcontractors to get their unit rates for construction activities. Our target is to replace current template which is based on weight (kg) basis with a new one based on dia-inch basis. So one of the main construction activities is Prefabrication and erection of jacketed Piping systems.

I need an advice regarding how to count for jacketed piping construction quantities (BOQ) to identify its related schedule unit rate, especially for the following items:
1- Items included in both Installation and Fabrication activities
2- Unit price for construction quantities (Dia Inch, KG, Inch Meter...etc)
3- Method of measurements for the quantities

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #9278 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic Jacketed Piping Construction Quantities
- Where is your Office and where is this Project?

- Do you plan to manufacture/Fabricate your own "Jacketed Pipe"

Point #4 - Go here for information about Jacketed Piping:
www.csiheat.com/products/jacketed_piping.aspx
Send them a set of your drawings and they will give you a Quote for doing the whole system

Do it once and Do it Right

More
6 years 10 months ago #9279 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic Jacketed Piping Construction Quantities
The following is Shams1's answer.
Sorry for adding my request in the wrong location, please find below reply for your queries:
1- Noted, the request will be added in the technical forum
2- My office is ENPPI (ENgineering for Petroleum and Process Industries) - Cairo - Egypt. My company is an EPC contractor, please refer to the following link for more information:
www.enppi.com/

Regarding the project, its not a specific project, as I am working in the development team in Piping division in my company. We are developing new manual/template for preparing the estimated construction quantities (BOQ) or schedule unit rates (SUR) to be attached to the construction tender packages to be provided to our subcontractors to get their unit rates for construction activities. Our target is to replace current template which is based on weight (kg) basis with a new one based on dia-inch basis. So one of the main construction activities is Prefabrication and erection of jacketed Piping systems.
3- We as an engineering EPC contractor are making the design of Piping systems, issue related specification and purchase the material. We have a considerable experience in the design of jacketed Piping systems. Fabrication is performed by another subcontractor based on our issued documentation.

4- Regarding the link you sent for CSI, we dealt with them previously but with another system patented by CSI which is CSI ControTrace (new tracing technique). The main concern is that we are making the design, all what we need is the dia-inch basis to be considered for counting jacketed Piping systems to be provided to our subcontractors to get their prices for the construction.

Thanks.

Do it once and Do it Right

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds