pump pad sizing

• raybuckner
  • raybuckner's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #9321 by raybuckner
pump pad sizing was created by raybuckner
I'm getting a lot of resistance in my effort to standardize some rules for pump pad sizing. Jim, I know that in the old days Fluor had(and still might) some rules of thumb for sizing pads based on preliminary pump info. I would like to standardize a height 9", and a footprint- 1" past the edge of pump base or 4" past the bolt holes, whichever is greater. I should be clear, this is a company standard. I didn't want you to think I was pushing any kind of industry standard. I'd really appreciate input on this issue.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by raybuckner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #9322 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic pump pad sizing
Ray,
The 4" and 1' dimensions you stated above were used widely at the early layout stage back in the day. However, in the end we always deferred to the actual dimensions as defined by the Structural Department foundation drawings.

I suggest you have a conversion with today's Structural Department and see what today's guidelines might be.

Do it once and Do it Right

More
5 years 7 months ago #9332 by 11echo
Replied by 11echo on topic pump pad sizing
I "suggest" you don't generate "standard rules" for designing anything. I have found that if you do you'll always run into a situation that will defy these rules, then it's an up-hill battle to get something accepted. What I do suggest is generating "rules of thumb", that will guide designers in the direction you want them to go without putting walls in their path to design anything, after all they are "designers" (something you want to foster). It'll also help eliminating alot of those up-hill battles I had mentioned. ...Good Luck!

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds