• Creator
    Discussion

still learning
    Participant

Hi,

I’m sure over the years many of you will have experienced bad days at work. After having a pretty good run over the last 6 months or so I had started to get some good comments from managers and others I had worked with and I was really pleased with how things were going and if I’m totally honest started to think I had this piping game cracked and it was onwards & upwards from here. (Even though I was was well aware I had lots and lots to learn still)

But over the past week I have found myself coming across obstacle after obstacle and feel as though I have hit a bit of a low. I can now see how I have masses to learn & I am only very very basic knowledge of some aspects of the work as a piping designer.

I have read on this forum many times that piping design is much more than being a CAD Monkey and I was aware of that. I want to learn as much as I can but feel I’m a little unsure where to start now.

I have carried out 4 or 5 surveys on my own when in reality it may have been better to have had some assistance but these jobs went well, I was really pleased & it seemed others may have forgotten how inexperienced I am and therefore when sent out for my last survey I felt out of my depth.

Anyone care to offer advice or experiences of their own?