• Creator
    Discussion

hc
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I know I’ve asked this before but I really need some of you more experienced guys help. I’ve been doing this piping thing for 15 years or so. I’m getting so tired of the crap. I had it in Canada and the USA…..its always the same s##t different location. Right now they want me to progress fast with modeling a job without P&ID’s. I have something general but have been told its all changing and to keep proceeding. Forget sizes, specs and tie-in locations….they are unimportant right. Of course my deadlines aren’t changing which means I get to come in on weekends soon. I’m scared to go to site to walk down tie-ins and routing pipe because I don’t have any idea what’s changing. I can’t get a survey done because I’m not sure what to survey. Anyways…..I like the money but, I really hate this crap. My last project, I missed ordering one 2″ flange and had a spool that was off by 1/8″ and I might as well burnt the refinery down considering all the investigation into what went wrong and lessons learned bulls…t. Of course these engineers can change change change and its all in a days work. Some of you experienced guys must know of other co-workers who moved on to other aspects of the industry still using there experience but getting out of straight design. Can you please give me some ideas of what other options I have to side step. I’d like to get a list so I can research what I like and need to do to get there. I’d also be interesting in hearing your own experiences of being a piper.