• Creator
    Discussion

Below is an example of what is wrong with piping today.

The following is extracted from the actual words from three posts by the same person on one of the more popular piping related forums.

[i]1. Can some one give me some pointers on creating custom elbows that can be used for isogen? I need a 30 degree elbow and can’t seem to figure out how to make one. I have tried the _bent>Trimmed elbow command but can’t get it. This has to be the first and only problem i have really ran into with CADWorx, and i can’t wrap my head around it. Running Plant 2009.

2. Upon further Searching I found info on this forum, using Plines and the RouteBWLR command I can get two trimmed 45 degree elbows with a pup in between, is there anyway to make it stick as one 30 degree fitting?

3. Solved guys! I figured out the trimmed elbow command, don’t know how I didn’t earlier.
    [/i]

So you ask, what do I think is wrong with this?
    1. No matter which engineering and design software you are using you are actually performing a “Drafting” function. So, I feel that no person should be allowed near a computer design system unless and until they have completed some reasonable level of training in “Drafting”.
    2. It does not take two 45 degree elbows to make one 30 degree elbow.
    3. You do not need a “Pup” piece between two fittings (unless you are required by the situation to have a specific distance between the changes in direction).