• Creator
    Discussion

Anton Dooley
    Keymaster

I had a question from someone who had a problem on a flanged piping system, the problem being that the elbow was out of tolerance, (89.2 degrees instead of 90 degrees).

This was going to cause a problem further down the line as it would kick the piping out of skew!

Here are the details:

[i]· 350mm PN16 Flanged 90degree Bend Joining to a 350mm PN16 Flanged Pipe

· The elbow has an angle of 89.2 degrees instead of 90degrees

· When the 5m long Ductile Iron Flanged pipe is laid on from the bend the pipe runs in by 69.81mm over the 5 metres

· The question is, with the installation of 3No. full face EPDM Gaskets to realign the pipe will the joints in the Gaskets leak?

· Has this been carried out before?

· It is possible to install a “Rubber Steel Flange Gasket”( See SPS , with a taper towards the inner circle of the gasket this product is supposed to allow for misalignment in flanges, has anyone used this product successfully on off square flanges and to what extent can it successfully correct the degrees off square while maintaining the pressure integrity within the pipe.?[/i]

I have found this solution, and was wondering does anyone have experience with this or a similar product:

http://www.psi-products.de/files/docume … .08.10.pdf

Any info would be great.