Producing Isometrics using PDS

• symonsb@indeni.com.zm
  • symonsb@indeni.com.zm's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #8682 by symonsb@indeni.com.zm
Producing Isometrics using PDS was created by symonsb@indeni.com.zm
This dissertation seeks to provide an in-depth study being done on to why there is no substantial cost (man-hour) saving per Piping Isometric through the use of automated CAD systems such as PDS, compared with manual generation. Manually generated isometrics take on average between 12 and 14 hours to produce and isometrics generated through automation should take on average, 6 hours.
The isometric composes of tasks, roles, rules, specification, communication, supervision and quality checks. It is born from a P&ID which is regarded as the heart of this deliverable. From the P&ID, material specifications, equipment and instrument datasheets are generated. The process is comprehensive as it includes all elements of engineering and the relationship or interaction between the disciplines at all levels.
It is useful to explain the inter-relationship between the engineering processes that influence the final outcome of this document. Here, the general concepts and principles of plant layout become evident. This involves efficiencies of process flow, the rules and specifications which govern the placement of equipment types in relation to pipe racks and grouping of pipe lines are applied.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #4387 by banerj1s
Replied by banerj1s on topic I am very much surprised
I am very much surprised to see this posting and really cannot wait to see the research facts that can come out with such a conclusion. Please can you send me the facts and figures that lead to such a conclusion?
From my experience every project I have been each isometric has at least gone one revision from its conception to fabrication the highest I have seen is 12. However I expect around 3 and 4 should be the average. It would be my worst nightmare if I had to do them manually.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #4395 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic I am confused. Is there
I am confused. Is there a question? Or is there a point that is trying to be made?

The poster titled this as "Producing Isometrics using PDS"
PDS stands for "Plant Design System" You do not produce "isometrics" using PDS, you produce a design of a plant. It is the creation of that plant design that takes the time. It is "Isogen" that produces the isometric.

There is so much more that I would like to say on this subject but I fear I would be misunderstood.

Do it once and Do it Right

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #4396 by banerj1s
Replied by banerj1s on topic Jop You are correct. But
Jop
You are correct. But due to the fact Isogen is integrated in PDS sometimes people do refer loosely "isometric from PDS".

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds