Reinforcing Pad

• Ajak JB
  • Ajak JB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #7765 by Ajak JB
Reinforcing Pad was created by Ajak JB
Hi all...i have something that has been lingering in my mind for quite some time..it is about this reinforcing pad...could someone elaborate on this matter...when is it going to be used? i notice some reinforce connection do not use this pad...therefore it quite confusing to decide on when to use it...also if i'm not mistaken, it is for PWHT pipes. Could someone help me on this.

Ohh one more thing guys, regarding the 45 degree bend for the reinforcing connection, is there any standard height from the center of the 45 degree elbow to the top of the pipe that we want to connect?

Really appreciate if someone could share something on those matters mentioned above. Thank you.

regards,
shahrul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #5651 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic Re: Reinforcing Pad
Ajak,
If you are a Piping Designer - You look at the Branch Table in the Piping Material Line Class Specifications and do what it says there (i.e.: Rienf. Pad Required or Rienf. Pad not required).

If you are the Piping Material Engineer - You check the applicable piping code for the project (i.e.: ASME B31.3, etc) and you develop a "Branch Table" for each Line Class.

Do it once and Do it Right

• Ajak JB
  • Ajak JB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #5652 by Ajak JB
Replied by Ajak JB on topic Re: Reinforcing Pad
hahahah..yes..of course..the table in the piping material spec...how could i overlook this one...thanks Jop..

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6272 by arnold
Replied by arnold on topic Re: Reinforcing Pad
Try to read ASME B31.3 appendix 304.3 Branch Connections this paragraph states the requirement when to use reinforcing pad.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6273 by borrismv
Replied by borrismv on topic Re: Reinforcing Pad
.....304.3.3 (it helps)

bmv

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds