Instrument Connections

• manojkumar.g86
  • manojkumar.g86's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5934 by manojkumar.g86
Replied by manojkumar.g86 on topic Re: Instrument Connections
hai
is it possible to take a instrument tap for orifice from socket weld flange or slip on flange

my client asked me to fix the orifice directly to equipment nozzle and asked me to take a tap from the socket weld flange is that possible .

please share your ideas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6389 by hc
Replied by hc on topic Re: Instrument Connections
Like piolopaskual said, Thermowells are long and can be installed in the elbow or in a straight run of pipe. In most situations (minus LP piping), if installed in a straight run of pipe, your main run needs to be 4" min. piping. So for example if you are putting a TW in a 3" line, you would need a small spool of 4" piping to put your TW in. In the elbows you are usually using LWN flanges. Your TW will most likely be flanged with a Class 300 (min.) connection. Even if your on Class 150 piping. There is no general upstream/downstream dia. spacing requirements that I know of. Rules for installation of a TW get more specific around desuperheaters etc, and where you have lines combining together with different temps. So keep that in mind. These are general thoughts only, its always good to make friends with an instrument guy, they know more than a piping guy about these things.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #6394 by rlpooniya
Replied by rlpooniya on topic Re: Instrument Connections
Hi..all,
Recently I have joined this useful site. I have gone through this discussion and found important points.

Best Regards
RP

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds