Inspection & Test Plans

• Deepu
  • Deepu's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 day ago - 13 years 1 day ago #8036 by Deepu
Inspection & Test Plans was created by Deepu
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reply earlier for my questions on hydrostatic test pack.

I need to prepare Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) for Mechanical Installation and piping installation for a hydrogen plant.

I was told that for preparation of an ITP packages we need to get information for scope and specifications.

1. What does one need to do regarding this?
2. What is all the information an experienced person would look for in the scope and specifications?
3. How can I get a good understanding of the large quantity of information supplied by the client?
4. Are there any good practices one should follow while reading specification?
5. Who in our company (or Client) organization can give input for this?

Thanks and Regards
Deepu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6265 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic Re: Inspection & Test Plans
Deepu,
I am not able to come up with any real information for you on this. Anything I would say would be just a guess.

1. What does one need to do regarding this?
First you need to ask your “boss” or “supervisor” to show you an ITP from a past project so “you can do it the same way”. If he or she says that they have never done one before then I suggest that you request a discussion to define the needs and form of the ITP.

2. What is all the information an experienced person would look for in the scope and specifications?
That depends on the size, shape and contents of the modules. It could also mean the depth of detail the “inspection” is intended to go.

3. How can I get a good understanding of the large quantity of information supplied by the client?
You must read every one only to the point of being able to determine if it applies or not. If it does apply then you must read more and possible include it in the ITP. If it does not apply then set it aside.

4. Are there any good practices one should follow while reading specification?
First read for general for general information regarding application. Second (when necessary), read for detail.

5. Who in our company (or Client) organization can give input for this?
Again, ask your “boss” or “supervisor”.

Do it once and Do it Right

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds