What is Bared tee

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #4578 by gpsvn
Replied by gpsvn on topic I think this is drifting
I think this is drifting far away from the first post.

I said "Pig launchers and receivers piping required good engineering, this is one of the most dangerous parts in pipeline operation

It's now about reactor and it may end up with coal mine work in China which kills hundreds every year.

In addition, I wanted to make a warning, who would want to operate a pig trap connected to piping designed by someone has little knowledge on how it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #4581 by juan1977
Replied by juan1977 on topic In addition, I wanted to
In addition, I wanted to make a warning, who would want to operate a pig trap connected to piping designed by someone has little knowledge on how it works.

In industries where safety is of prime importance - no one. Precisley the reason we have the OSHA CFR's, the ASME B&PV Code plus the B31, the ISO and a host of other safety related procedures provided by the vendors.

And I still maintained that in pipeline operation (we have a transfer line from the plant going to the chemical berth), pigging is NOT the MOST dangerous activity. In several risk evaluation that i have participated involving the pigging operation - the consenquence and probabilites are on the "low" side. Im assuming of course that operating personnel are qualified, that written operatig procedures are in place and that operators continually undergoes relevant training to maintain their competence.

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #4582 by juan1977
Replied by juan1977 on topic And if you let people
And if you let people work with "little knowledge" in an environment where people can get hurt - somebody high in the corporate ladder might be liable under the OSHA general duty clause (if you work in an industry that follows osha) and negligence under the PSM training elements.

We dont normally allow people with "little knowledge" to operate any equipment or tools within the plant battery limit - this border on irresponsibility on the part of the supervisor.

More
16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #4586 by gpsvn
Replied by gpsvn on topic RTFP = Read The First
RTFP = Read The First Post

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds