Questions from a beginner looking for a career.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #4982 by ravishe
Replied by ravishe on topic Re:

As I see it, there are two basic ways in which you can become a 'Piping Designer'

Method 'A'
Spend 4 years doing an Engineering Apprenticeship which will cover Mechanical, Electrical, Draughting and Site Experience.

After this, spend 4 or 5 years in a Design Office, ideally on a drawing board learning how to layout a plant, create General Arrangement Drawings, Detail Drawings, Piping Isometrics, MTO's (these days with PDMS and PDS look on these tools as an 'electronic drawing board').

After this period, leave the safety and comfort of a Staff Position and go out into the 'real' world of Contracting where you stand or fall on your knowledge and experience.

Most importantly, never stop learning!!

Method 'B'

Go to India and sign up for one of the many 'become a Piping Engineer in 2 weeks' courses!!!

Dear sir,

I do not know this, who told you this ' Go to India and sign up for one of the many 'become a Piping Engineer in 2 weeks' courses!!!
' . Really funy.

Thank you.[/quote]

Yes DEODHAR You asked right!!!
THey must have very little idea with big confusion about India in their mind. I am Indian & I know how reputed profesional teaching sources are there in INdia, not only limited to the design filed only. mind u.. rather most of the foriegn people comes to India for higher education...why for?..
It is ridiculous thing to say like that...Every country institute their cadidates with available perspective sources...nobody has any right to mock like this..which exibits your unprfessional irrational behaviour...
Thnx for all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds