Isometric Symbols.

• still learning
  • still learning's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #7442 by still learning
Isometric Symbols. was created by still learning
Hi,

As someone who is still fairly new to the piping game I wondered if you experienced guys know of any good websites or books that show piping symbols for the various fittings in a piping system.

I am comfortable with 95% of the symbols I need on a daily basis but occasionaly an item will crop up on a P&ID or in a system I have surveyed, i.e. Pulsating Damper or Relief Valve. These are the types of items that I haven't been shown how they should be represented on the drawings being produced.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #4866 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic "As someone who is still
"As someone who is still fairly new to the piping game" I assume you have a Supervisor that gives you work assignments and approves your work before it goes out the door.
I recommend that you ask your Supervisor this question first. It would make me very upset if I was your supervisor to find out that you were going outside the company for "Standards" that we already have in house.
If he or she says "we don't have a Standard for that" and allows you to find one then it is a different story. I (and many others here) will be happy to assist.

I (we) will need to know:
- Isometric or P&ID symbol (they will be different)
- Type of Pulsating Damper (Line mounted to prevent water hammer or support mounted for compressor suction and discharge)
- Relief Valve (Flanged or screwed connections)

P.S.: You might want to change your screen name, we are ALL still learning.

Do it once and Do it Right

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds