To become layout engineer and piping design engineer

• aubajwa
  • aubajwa's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #7447 by aubajwa
Hi friends,

I am a new jnr piping engineer; and want to become expert of plant layout and piping design.

Although plant layout and piping design are two different expertese but I would like to go for both.

Could u pls suggest me should I go first for piping design or plant layout.

I personally feel to go for layout first and then piping design as if I can understand how well to layout large equipment in a confinded space it would then be easy for me to layout complex piping within a small area; a problem to which solution is only 'experience'.

Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #4881 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic aubajwa, You wrote that you are
aubajwa,
You wrote that you are a "Junior Piping Engineer." That may be what your company calls you. But you sound more like a person who just joined the Navy and already wants to be the Captain of the Ship.

To be a well trained and experienced Plant Layout (expert) Designer will take you 15 to 20 years if, and I do mean IF you get the right training, mentoring and really apply your self. Part of that training is becoming a well trained and competent Piping Designer.

To be a well trained, competent and experienced Piping Designer will take you 8 to 10 years if you get the right training, mentoring, experience and really apply your self.

Taking PDS or PDMS is not a short cut to your stated goal. They are just tools that you will need to learn but may or may not use along the way.

Do it once and Do it Right

• aubajwa
  • aubajwa's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #4882 by aubajwa
Replied by aubajwa on topic Thanks Jop
Thanks Jop

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds