Training notes\ Exercise

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7497 by trav
Training notes\ Exercise was created by trav
Hi Guy's

Just after some advice here, as everyone is aware of the quiet times at the moment i've had absoulutely NO work since November last year and i'm after some training notes\ exercises that some of you more experienced guys might have from years gone by? . Just some basic piping work\ theory etc (anything you might think a trainee would benefit from) to keep myself busy.. i would ask some senior guys at work, but there aren't many left with all the cutting going on.

Any feedback\ help\ advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank You,

Trav.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #4974 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic Re: Training notes\ Exercise
According to your profile you are a Trainee Piping Designer with 3 years experience. You have said you want to keep busy by doing some self study. Good!
So here is what I suggest you do. Go through every "Tab" ("Training" , "Tips" , etc) at the top of the screen on this web site. Print our everything you find there. Punch it and make yourself a book. Read through every article, high light points of interest. and underline items or issues where you have questions.
Post the questions here on the "Technical" forum. Others will get the benefit of your question and you will get not only my answer but answers from others to.

This should keep you busy for a while.

Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing your questions on the forum.
Advice:
"In piping there is a reason for everything"
M. J. Garofalo, Manager Piping Engineering & Design
Fluor Corp. So. Calif. Div., 1955-1980

Do it once and Do it Right

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #5013 by trav
Replied by trav on topic Re: Training notes\ Exercise
Thanks again Jop,

I managed to pick up some work over the last 2 weeks but its coming to an end now.. I have printed out the documentation the you recommended.

cheers,

Trav

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #5059 by ehsankamdar
Replied by ehsankamdar on topic Re: Training notes\ Exercise
Hi,
I have done my Engineering in Mechanical and also done a PG diploma in Piping Design and Construction looking for jobs but am still jobless .I am a fresher and in piping industry they require experience please tell me how should i go about it
And also if I face an interview what would be the technical questions they might ask specially in the oil and gas sector

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #5060 by Jop
Replied by Jop on topic Re: Training notes\ Exercise
trev,
Have you had time to read any of the documents?
And do you have any questions?

ehsankamdar,
I have never seen a good standard entry level technical questionnaire for piping Design.
It is most impossible to guess what technical questions an interviewer might ask you.
To much depends on the training and experience of the person doing the interview and what has just happened with that persons work just prior to the interview.
Example:
If the person is educated and experienced in Material Engineering then he (or she) will tend to ask questions about piping material issues.

If the person is educated and experienced in Stress Engineering then he (or she) will tend to ask questions about pipe stress issues.

If the person that morning just got chewed out by a Client or the Project Manager for some issue about a Control Valve station than they will focus on questions about that issue.

Do it once and Do it Right

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #5061 by ehsankamdar
Replied by ehsankamdar on topic Re: Training notes\ Exercise
Hi,
Thanks for the reply,I am going through the documents and also noting down most of the things and on the other side I am also applying online for vacancies but again when I go through the company websites I understand that they want only experienced people which I am not.Like the other day I applied to a post which required 5years of experience, I just got carried away and applied without seeing the profile and I got a reply saying that I was doing a wrong thing for which I apologized.Any ways please do let me know if you come across anything

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds