Pipe fitting Catalogues - I'm looking for contacts

• Anton
  • Anton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #7545 by Anton
Hi,
I want to add a new section to the pipingdesigners.com web site that contains catalogues / cutsheets for all the mainstream, and not so mainstream, pipe fitting suppliers.

I have a lot of catalogues / cutsheets myself, but many of these may be out of date.

My plan is to contact the manufacturers directly to compile a comprehensive online directory of fittings sorted by material / schedule etc.

If any of you have a good relationship with any of these manufacturers, would you be so kind as to pass on my details (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) to them, so that I can get working on it.

This project may take some time, as I want to have a good cross section of fittings to start with, then add to it as I go along.

Thanks to all,
Anton

- If you're the smartest person in the room ... you're in the wrong room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #5029 by Jop
Anton,
Just some thoughts:
Somethings you will want to consider (or have already done so) is the organization of the data.
Major categories
- PIPE LINE -

- REFINERY/PETROCHEMICAL -

- POWER (NON-NUKE) -

- POWER (NUKE) -

- PHARM/BIO/FOOD -

- PULP & PAPER-

- OTHER? -

Sub Categories (within each of the above)

- PIPE-

- FITTINGS -

- FLANGES -

- VALVES -

- PRE-ENGINEERED SUPPORTS- (Shoes, Anchors, Base Supports, Hangers, Trunnions, etc)

- ENGINEERED SUPPORTS - (Spring Hangers, Spring Can Base Supports)

- EXPANSION JOINTS -

- MISC (Blinds, Strainers, etc.) -

All of these categories and sub-categories need to include a wide range of materials, construction methods (Butt Weld, Screwed, Socket-Weld, TRY-Clamp, etc), support methods, etc.

Do it once and Do it Right

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds