valve connection benefits flgxweld vs flgxflg

• lisa tuttle
  • lisa tuttle's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #7527 by lisa tuttle
Can somebody tell me what is the benefit of using a weld by flg valve instead of a flg by flg valve?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #4921 by Jop
Just a guess.

Let's say you have a butt-weld system where all valves and most equipment connections are butt-welded. But, you want a place for a "Spec Blind" for system isolation. This would be a good place to install a Butt-weld by Flanged valve, the Spec-Blind and the mating Flange.

It is a good question but why do you ask it?
Have you seen this somewhere? In the field or on a P&ID?

Do it once and Do it Right

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #4922 by Jop
I thought of another one.

We may have a special Reactor vessel in a very high temperature, high pressure system. Due to the nature of the process the Reactor is "Cladded"(weld overlay or explosive applied) or glass lined. all connections must be flanged and no welding is allowed. The piping system will be all welded. So the first valve against the vessel nozzle must be flanged on one end and welded on the other end.

Do it once and Do it Right

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #5375 by shrivallabha
Replied by shrivallabha on topic Re: valve connection benefits flgxweld vs flgxflg
I'll just add a bit I know:
If this kind of valve is being used and if it is Ball Valve (with soft trim) then be sure to add PUP (pipe up piece) on the butt welding side otherwise the trim may fuse and the valve won't operate so include that in your design.

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds